Friday, October 30, 2009

Hello Family in the land of fluffy white stuff


Sorry I haven't email yet today. Right now it's 8:30 at night and mom if you check your email you are probably worried, sorry.

Today has been a very busy day. We went down to the Mission Office in Bangkok in order to have our interview with President Smith. He interviews all the missionaries once a month and today was our turn. We spent about 6 hours in his office waiting for our turn. In that time I had time to read the email but not answer it. I also had a opportunity to talk to 2 of the elders that were in the MTC with me that I haven't seen since we first came to Thailand.

So Kevin Warburton is going to Albania. Wow I didn't think that the church sent missionaries to the Yugoslavia area in Europe. Wow he'll will have an adventure there. And that language will be a cool language to learn.

Elder Ito is getting ready to leave this moves so on our Preparation days we have spent a little bit of time looking for things for him to take home to his family. Its strange to think that next moves I'll have a new companion. Elder Ito has been a great help in helping me progress to become a better missionary.

I'm glad you agree to the idea with the new suit. But I have been thinking, I also talked to some elders about it, I think I won't get one quite yet. It may not be a good idea to get one now so soon in my mission but maybe in a few months. That way it will last longer. When I get it made it will be about 5000 baht. or with math (33baht to 1 dollar) about 150 dollars. So I may get one cut in April or so.

That's so cool to here that Richard is getting ready for a mission. I'll have to write him for sure but I think I'll send it to the MTC because it may not make it to him on time.

Swine Flu is back huh? That's interesting to hear. People here are always sick, if they can still walk they just put on a mask and go about life. They can also stop by a drug store and buy any kind of drug they want, no prescription needed. For your assurance I'm not sick yet( knock on wood) I think that the swine flu went through Thailand just before we left the MTC. I'm told that most flus start in the Thailand area because of the climate but I'm not sure.


With English Class we have had smaller numbers show up the last few weeks. I'm not really sure why.

Anyways this week has been pretty normal. for what normal can be as a missionary in Thailand. Yesterday we had switch offs with our Zone Leaders. I was paired up with our new Zone Leader, Elder Briant. He is a great guy I learned a lot from him the little time we worked together. One thing we focused on was inviting. We went through a lot of different neighborhoods and talked to different people and left them pass along cards.

Also yesterday because Elder Briant wasn't familiar with a lot of the members or investigators I did a lot of the talking. I also taught an entire lesson by my self for the first time in Thailand. That helped me see how much I have progressed in the last few months.

OK My time is up
I love you all

Elder Brandon Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment