Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hey I think the temperature dropped

Hello Family

Life sounds really good at home. snow and all. Well you guessed right I'm still in Lop Buri. I don't think I will move next moves either. I talked to one of the AP ( assistants to president) a few weeks ago when we did switch offs about moving. He says I probably won't move unless I need to fill a space somewhere, at my point in a mission. Usually what happens is first those who are จปอยู่( going home) move first then President Smith calls new Elders to fill any callings then if there are holes where there are no callings, President Smith will move Elders in my group or the Groups that came after us in to area. Any ways there is still a pretty good chance that I will move next time because 16 missionaries are going home. So I'm not really sure if I'm going to move or not.
Hey I got a new companion this week. His name is Elder Hawkes. He is from Fort Worth, Texas. He has been a Missionary for more then a year now. He came into Thailand since last August. He is a really great guy and helps me a lot with my Thai and teaching. He also just got out of the Bangkok area, so he is really happy to ride his bike and be in the country area again.
Well I discovered something about Bangkok last week after moves meeting. Its really really Crowded. There are an Infinite amount of people there. I really can't explain or compare it to any other city that I have been in. It was crazy.
Any ways I spent the day with several Really Really Trunky missionaries. Which means they really couldn't wait to get home. It was a fun day to go through some of the street markets and see what they had to offer.

The next day was moves meeting where I got to see everyone in my group except Elder Harris who stayed up in the North East to keep working in his area. Most of us got new companions and some moved as there area closed. There is a shortage of missionaries coming in the next few months. Our numbers in Thailand will go from around 130,140 to 92. So a lot of the areas will have to close and there will be a lot of people moving to different areas. I could be one of them, only President Smith knows.
Elder Hawkes and I became companions and headed back up to Lop Buri with the Sisters (neither of them moved).
The next day Elder Hawkes and I traveled around and meet some of the members and our investigators. I learned that I had a better knowledge of Thai then I thought I had a pretty good conversation with a few of the members.
This week we have focused a lot on finding new Investigators. That is something that is going to need to happen because we are coming closer to the point where our current Investigators are going to be baptized and then we won't have any one to teach. So Elder Hawkes and I have traveled to different มูบ้าน( Neighborhoods) and talked to a lot of people about the gospel. Hopefully some of them will be interested.

We should have a Baptism or two in the next month. We can't wait for that. Also the branch is getting ready to start practicing for the Ward Christmas program. I think they want me to play Joseph, but it will be 3 days after moves meeting so we are kind of worried that Elder Hawkes or I won't be here.

We're not really doing anything for Preparation day today. Just hanging out and cleaning the house which needs to be done really really bad.


Wow a blizzard I miss the snow. It is now the Dry season here in Thailand and the temperature has dropped a few degrees. Its really nice to go outside. I can't wait to send a letter to Richard. It's a blast to write to other missionaries. I have been writing to Matt Ruben and Alex Recsiek as well as some other missionaries that I met when I was down at UVU.

The Best way to describe how the language is to say its a struggle everyday. Some days I understand people better then others. But Its coming. I get to see that a lot when I change companions or try something new.

Wow Connor you're getting pretty close to what my times were as a sophomore in high school. I can't wait to see what these next months will do to you . oh and just a little advice, when the swimming gets hard sing my favorite song to sing while I was swimming, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming." It helps a lot.



Hey so I remembered my camera this week.

The first few photos are of when we went to visit a Wat or Buddhist temple a few weeks ago. I'm not sure where the dog came from but its really cool looking. Next is during ลอยกระทง (liegratong) and with the family we went and floated boats and lit of these big lamps with.
Next there are a few when we went and saw the sunflowers, they were everywhere. We also went to a place to eat that was a floating dock on a lake. As well as ate true Thai Ice cream sandwiches.

Oh and the last few are special. you see I have a confession to make. I now have eating bugs and grubs. the pictures are of me eating a water beetle that didn't really taste very good. In fact after eating it it came back up. But before I ate that I ate a grasshopper and several larva. which where pretty good. the larva tasted a little like pop corn. yummy

ok I'm out of time for this week

I love you all Elder Brandon John Holt
\













No comments:

Post a Comment