Wednesday, November 18, 2009

November 10,2009

Hello family

First I must apologize, I was going to send photos in this email but you see my camera is in a van that is currently 4 or 5 stories below me.
Right now Elder Ito, Sister Josephson, Sister Webb, and I are in a huge mall in the heart of Bangkok. This is the biggest mall that I have ever seen. It's got every thing here literally. Its called Central World. and it's in a city called Ding Dang. Oh I don't think I have ever told you, Bangkok is like a state or county made up of several cities. Ding Dang is the heart of Bangkok and is very very busy. The church office and mission headquarters is in a city called Pakkret.
This last week has gone by really fast. It was a pretty normal week except that it was Elder Ito's last week. So at most places we went or taught in the last week we stopped to take pictures and Elder Ito said his goodbyes. The Investigators and Members in Lop Buri really love Elder Ito and it was sad for him as well as them to say goodbye.
Because of moves meeting this week we moved English class to Tuesdays. Also because of moves meeting we didn't teach anything. Its called showcase night. A night where the missionaries play games or do some easy activity in order to relax before traveling to Bangkok to change companions or whatever. Last night we watched a movie in English, with permission of course...... I think. It was Wall-e. I love that movie. Everyone had a good time and it was nice to relax for a few moments.

Today we came to Bangkok in order for Elder Ito to meet up with all of the missionaries that are leaving on Friday with him. We are just kind of sight seeing and window shopping for the day. oh and we might get hair cuts I really need one.

So with packages I usually get a chance to get them every 2 to 3 weeks so Ii should see the one you sent in either tomorrow or next week I think. As for one you send in December, I know that we are having moves meeting a week early in order to help those who are heading home to get home before Christmas.Sso that one should make it before then.

hmm with cooking I have done a little. We eat in at our house usually for breakfast and dinner Sunday night. We have a ok gas stove and a microwave. so I have made things from french toast to tacos. I normally make pasta with olive oil. Andrea got me addicted to it. Its also a good way to have energy.

Tonight Elder Ito and I are staying in a different missionaries home in Bangkok. Then, tomorrow is moves meeting and I will get a new companion. That's still a strange thought. There is a pretty good possibility that it could be a Native missionary. That will be interesting if that happens for the first few days to be able to speak. But who knows. Any way it happens it will be for the better.

801-773-4396 This is Elder Ito's phone number. He says he likes food and sharing stories and would be happy to come and tell stories about Lop Buri and Thailand. He gets back Friday night.

That's way cool that Richards getting ready to start his mission. My advice to him is this, no matter what happens in the MTC its easier on the other side, or once you get in country. To learn the language and to be more focused on the work.


As I think back I think that the MTC really was the hardest part of my mission so far. Because I was confined to very small quarters, I was so close to home, and I never saw any of my investigators. But it was worth every single second. I learned so much there.

Ok I think that's about it. Sorry again for not sending photos in this email. I'll try to remember next week as well as tell you about my companion.

Ok love you all

Elder Brandon John Holt

No comments:

Post a Comment