Wednesday, September 9, 2009

one month in Thailand

hey family

Hows home treating you? sounds really nice.

Well I just realized that this week I will be in thailand for one month. That's crazy its also strange to think in 2 weeks that my first moves will be over.

This week has been a pretty normal week, for what normal can be in Thailand. We realized at the beginning of the week that our investigator pool was running thin so starting on Sunday we have been making a big push to invite more people.

With the members in the ward we did something that challenged me a lot. Splits. Elder Ito went with several members and I went with several others. The whole point was to find inactive members and see what we could do to help them get over whatever it is that is holding them back from coming to church.

It was hard because I didn't have Elder Ito to translate for things I didn't understand (which was almost everything) but I was paired up with a return native missionary, Brother โด้. He's a funny guy. Anyways the rule for native missionaries is they have to study English every day we study Thai which is every day. so he speaks pretty good English.

Brotherโด้ and I visited several people that I had met once or twice, and shared a spiritual thought with them. However there were a lot of people that weren't home so we missed a lot. Elder Ito had better luck. He said that all he did was teach a spiritual thought and the members found out the rest.

I don't remember telling you that last week for Preparation day we visited a museum in Lop Buri. It helped us to understand more about Lopburi. It seems that Lop Buri was a political spot for the emperor in the 1600s. He did a lot of international work here. so there are a lot of ruins of a palace and different wats.

This week we went down to a city called Ayutia( I think tha'ts how you spell it) It was the Ancient capital of Siam. Most of the famous wats are here. also Many of the famous martial Arts movies are filmed there.

We took a train down to Ayutia this morning and spent most the day there. We stopped by several huge wats. I took some photos that I planned to send home. Also we met up with the elders in that area and ate some ice cream and a Swensens mmmmmmm ice cream.
Well that's about the excitement I had for the week I hope all is well

love you all

Elder Brandon J Holt
searching for those lost in the darkness.








































































No comments:

Post a Comment